Greece - Refugees (Athens)
Reveal Jesus to refugees by demonstrating and proclaiming the gospel. We want to see lives transformed. Our passion is to plant gospel seeds in the lives of refugees across Greece that take root and bear the fruit of life transformation in Jesus Christ.
We do this through the following ministries:
- Tea House – welcoming refugees and sharing a cup of tea
- Food distribution – sit down meals and grocery packs
- Language Classes – English and modern Greek
- Hygiene Ministry – showers and limited laundry services
- Sharing Jesus and Disciple-making – outreaches, classes, and retreats
- Clothing distribution and give-away events
- Children’s Ministry – weekly program, camps, and special events
- Networking and referrals – guiding refugees through the maze of offices and paperwork
CLICK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT INTEGRATED COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION
INTEGRATED COMMUNITY TRANSFORMATION
When we enter a community, we seek to relate to and understand the community through the eyes of Jesus. This includes pre-training and ongoing on-field research.
EVALUATE and ENGAGE
We repeat a collaborative cycle that aims to work alongside others in the community to identify and assess both needs and resources. Alongside the community, we encourage initiatives guided by a strategy and help implement them.
As transformation takes hold in a community our role changes. We avoid creating unhealthy dependencies and focus on what Jesus is doing within the community. This typically leads to expansion as transformation impacts surrounding communities.