We are looking for a Mobilizer & Short-term Teams Coordinator to represent ITeams by actively mobilizing and recruiting for cross-cultural ministry as well as overseeing the coordination, development, and growth of the short-term teams ministry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively recruit new candidates to meet existing personnel needs in Ministry Development. Encourage them to apply for service.
- Coach and pray for potential candidates to determine their fit for ministry within International Teams. Walk applicants for service through the appropriate steps of the application process.
- Have a strong working familiarity with all possible serving opportunities within International Teams. Be able to share this information in a captivating and compelling way with church and campus leaders as well as those individuals looking for service opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with Short-term Coordinators, Area Directors and Community Transformation Directors. Have up-to-date information regarding what all the teams are doing and what all the needs are on each team. Collaborate with these leaders and other ITeams staff as needed in order to promote the growth and effective implementation of the short-term teams program.
- Participate in mobilizing and recruiting efforts outside of the office as needed. Represent International Teams at specific functions or locations in coordination with the Mobilization Manager. This may include visiting colleges, large events, missions conferences and other promotional activities throughout year.
- Communicate regularly and in a timely fashion with possible new workers and influencers through phone conversations, video conferencing, email, and personal visits.
- Utilize Ohana online tracking system to measure & maintain progress of short-term team administration as well as the progress of individual applicants throughout the mobilization process.
- Provide training, coaching and materials to STT hosts enabling them to manage, receive, utilize and coach short-term teams effectively.
- Directly coordinate and oversee logistics of short term teams, such as budgets, payments, visas, insurance, evaluations, field correspondence, background checks, all administrative forms, and travel.
- Implement assessments and develop strategies aimed at continually improving ITeams short-term teams program, updating the materials and processes as needed.
- Introduce new churches, schools, and businesses to ITeams’ vision, establish a relationship with them and invite them to consider partnership opportunities.
- Answer phone, email, internet, and mail inquiries about short-term opportunities for teams in a timely fashion.
- Add value to partner organization relationships in order to strengthen trust, solve problems and maximize their involvement.
- As part of the Mobilization team, provide input into the development of mobilization materials and web content that is appropriate for target audiences. Contribute meaningfully in weekly team meetings and actively contribute to team goals.
- Participate in International Teams activities and events. Assist other departments as needed to make the whole team successful. Positive interaction with other members of the organization is essential.
- Raise funds for the ministry of International Teams, primarily through the raising of personal support for salary and ministry expenses. Grow and maintain relationships with donors through regular, ongoing communication and visits.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by the Mobilization Manager or Director of Human Resources.