Helping Hands is a refugee center located in the heart of Athens, Greece. We are passionate about seeing the lives of refugees transformed through Christ, believing that both the demonstration and proclamation of the Gospel are important. We offer meals, showers, tea, clothing, shoes, kid's programs, language learning opportunities, friendship, prayer, Bible studies, and much more!
Thousands of refugees are passing through Athens, many are open to the Gospel. Most refugees are coming from countries in which the Gospel can't be freely shared; the opportunities in Athens are amazing! God is at work building His Kingdom among refugees in Athens, and we are privileged to join him in that work.
Is God speaking to you about serving refugees? The opportunities are vast. We can use people with gifts of: hospitality, evangelism, working with children of all ages, technological support, teaching, administration and more. Here's a list of what we're looking for and basic responsibilities:
* Has a passion and calling from the Lord to serve refugees in the name of Jesus
*Is team-oriented, has a desire to share the Gospel with the unreached, is compassionate to the needs of the oppressed, and is willing to serve
* Helps in the preparation, execution and clean-up of weekly team outreaches (meal day, showers, Tea House, etc) and special events (Christmas parties, Doctor’s Days, Kid’s days, etc)
* Participates in Team Meetings and Fellowships
* Attends annual Fall and Spring Team Retreats
* A commitment to ongoing language and cultural learning
* Completes role-specific tasks as assigned (i.e. preparation for kid’s programs, communication with interns or short term teams, leading a study or class, cooking, building maintenance, etc)