Based on a number of conversations with some of our team leaders in Europe and the Middle East, here are some suggestions for prayer.
- safety in travel, protection from exploitation, theft and abuse, that God would preserve their lives for His glory
- a sense of faith, hope, and love as they continue to endure hardships
- good communication despite significant language challenges
- that they will discover that Jesus is on the journey with them and begin to follow him
- for opportunities for healing from multiple sources of trauma
- protection for refugee families (they are often separated in the course of these moves, hoping to be reunited later)
For the people receiving refugees...
- generosity toward those they meet
- additional resources to be freed up to provide for various needs
- a sense of compassion and hospitality
- that they would see Jesus in the faces of these refugees, and respond accordingly
For our teams...
- that our teams would be characterized by unity and love for one another
- for healthy balance of work and family
- for consistency as personnel transition in and out of teams as needed
- for safety and health as we interact with a lot of people, some in very desperate situations
- for perseverance, success, encouragement, and fruitful relationships
- for translators who facilitate needed communication
- for protection from secondary trauma as our teams hear traumatic stories everyday
- for good relationships with our many formal and informal partners working alongside us
This is only a start, obviously. We'll publish more prayer prompts by social media and on our blog as we're able.
Please share in the comments below what you're praying for...